Do leave undamaged asbestos-containing materials alone.
• Do keep activities to a minimum in any areas having damaged material that may contain asbestos, including limiting children’s access to any materials that may contain asbestos.
• Do take every precaution to avoid damaging asbestos-containing material.
• Do have removal and major repair done by people trained and qualified in handling asbestos. It is highly recommended that sampling and minor repair also be done by a trained and accredited asbestos professional.
• Don’t dust, sweep, or vacuum debris that may contain asbestos.
• Don’t saw, sand, scrape, or drill holes in asbestos-containing materials.
• Don’t use abrasive pads or brushes on power strippers to strip wax from asbestos flooring. Never use a power stripper on flooring that may contain asbestos.
• Don’t sand or try to level asbestos flooring or its backing. When asbestos flooring needs replacing install new floor covering over it, if possible.
• Don’t track material that could contain asbestos through the house. If you cannot avoid walking through the area, have it cleaned with a wet mop.
If the material is from a damaged area or if a large area must be cleaned, call Microtech Environmental Services.